Saturday, April 9, 2011

A mothers worst nightmare

If you asked me a year ago, what I would do if my child was ever molested, I would have instantly said put them in jail permanently. I realize now that could only happen in a fantasy world. In the real world,  not only is accomplishing that not easy, its damn near impossible. December 5th, 2010 my son told me his father and stepmother were touching him inappropriately. More specifically, taking showers with him and touching him. I immediately called child protective services. They sent someone out with a police officer to talk to me and my son. My son told her everything he had told me but added that his penis hurt. The lady they sent out to talk to me said that because he is so young she could literally do nothing unless his father and step mother admitted it. I was crushed. I took him to the dr to see why his penis hurt and he had an infection. I called the child protective services lady again and told her what the dr said. Still she did nothing. I begged her to get a child counselor involved, I even called her supervisor to complain and begged the supervisor to get a counselor involved before they closed his case but they did nothing. I had to continue to let his father see him. A month later my son tells me that they are still touching him and that he is scared to go over there. My heart aches because I don't know what I can do to protect him. This time I try to get restraining orders against them and called cps again. This time they take it a little more seriously and created a safety plan. But before anyone even got the chance to follow the safety plan she closed the case. The counselor we spoke to agreed that what my son is saying and his sexual behavior changes are indicators that something may be happening. My son has not seen his father since January...for obvious reasons the only communication he has had with his father has been over the phone. Well his father took this to court and now I HAVE to let him spend time with his father or I will be held in contempt of court. I have an attorney involved who is trying change this. Till then I have to let my son go to his father and step mothers house alone. The visitation is suppose to start this Monday. I am going crazy trying to see what I can do to protect my son. But the judge has made it impossible. I told my husband I'd rather just be held in contempt of court but he and my attorney say that as soon as I go to jail his father would have him. The last conversation my son had with his father he was promised a big party with all the toys he wants. Now my son is saying he is excited to see them. Is it because of everything they promised him?...has it been so long that he forgot since hes so young? I don't know what to think anymore. I am scared for his safety but no one will listen to me. I pray that they don't hurt him again. Why do I have to fight so hard to protect my son?

No comments:

Post a Comment